Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Happy Pumpkin Day!

National Pumpkin Day

Did you know there was such a thing? I didn't! I love pumpkins, in all their orange glory. Pumpkin patches, books about pumpkins, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread, roasted pumpkin seeds, and my all-time fav, Panera's pumpkin muffins. Yum..my. I've passed along my addiction to my son. He asks for them a lot.

We have been doing some fun pumpkin experiments here! We love the book "How Many Seeds In A Pumpkin?" by Margaret McNamara. After we carved our pumpkins, we made some predictions about how many seeds each pumpkin would have, how many lines, and whether they would sink or float. N thought they would sink since the pumpkins were so heavy. Surprisingly, they float!




In honor of National Pumpkin Day, head over to my TpT store and check out my Pumpkin Science Unit. It's a great addition to your pumpkin units, filled with activities about the life cycle, structure,  what happens in the patch during each season, recording sheets, and even fun Center ideas for a fun Pumpkin Day at your school or co-op. Pumpkin Science
Follow my blog with Bloglovin'! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

0 comments:

Post a Comment